This is a really simple recipe for amateurs like myself. A quick and dirty one that you can prepare in advance.
- Marinate salmon with generous amount of light soya sauce, teriyaki sauce and some maple syrup (optional). I guess honey may just do the same trick.
- Leave to marinate in fridge over night if possible, or at least a few hours.
- Cook the salmon in a lightly oiled grill pan in medium heat. Salmon is a fatty fish so go easy on the oil.
- Sprinkle some pepper & oregano when cooking on each side. Cooking time depends on how thick the salmon is. Mine above took about five minutes each side.
- In the meantime, pour the remaining marinade into a sauce pan and heat it up. In goes some butter for thickening and some ground pepper for seasoning.
- Drizzle the sauce over the salmon to serve.
Quite easily done!